It seems that JIRA import plugin incorrectly links custom fields imported from Mantis. What I see is it just takes all the imported fields and links them all to each project. This results in overwhelming number of custom fields for a project which didn't have a single custom field in Mantis. Am I missing something? Has anyone faced this issue? Any ideas are welcomed.
I had the same problem during importing several mantis projects into JIRA.
Because I didn't find a way to handle this problem in JIRA, I duplicated the mantis database, deleted all custom field information and then started the import with the duplicated database (on the same server).
DELETE LOW_PRIORITY FROM jira_migration_20140602.mantis_custom_field_table WHERE id != -27;
DELETE LOW_PRIORITY FROM jira_migration_20140602.mantis_custom_field_string_table WHERE field_id != -27;
DELETE LOW_PRIORITY FROM jira_migration_20140602.mantis_custom_field_project_table WHERE field_id != -27;
The next bigger problem I have now is, that I did the import in several steps (began with one project, than 5, than 5 more...) and every time I did an import JIRA importer created a new set of custom fields (Addidtional information, Sevirity, Priority, External Issue ID...).
Not really comfortable... :(
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs