Import from Jira on demand to Jira server

S. Piller May 5, 2015

Hi all, 

I try to do a partial import from a On Demand instance to a standalone server instance.

It seems that even with using the latest JIRA server available (6.4.3), I can not import the project:

"This data appears to be from an older version of JIRA. Please upgrade the data and try again. The current version of JIRA is at build number '64018', but the supplied backup file was for build number '65000'."

Should I use the version "6.5-OD-03-002" as a server instance, even if it is flagged as being a "on demand" version?

Thanks in advance

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2015

Hey there,

You can safely use version 6.5-OD-03-002 in this case. Server version 6.4.3 is pretty much the same as Atlassian Cloud, only their build numbers that are different and in this case, Cloud build number is bigger than Server, that's why you are receiving this message.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

S. Piller May 5, 2015

Thank you for your answer :) Does the same apply to Confluence too?

cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2015

Welcome :) Yes, the same thing is applicable to Confluence. Cheers,

S. Piller May 7, 2015

Hi, where may I find the JIRA Agile Plugin in the actual cloud version? I get the following when trying to import my project in JIRA: "The backup project 'xxx' requires custom field named 'Epic Color' with full key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-color'. In the current instance of JIRA the plugin is at version '6.7.0', but in the backup it is at version '6.7.0-D20150421T081441'." ... and that plugin seems not to be available in the atlassian maven repository... May I just alter something in the backup to make JIRA happy? Thanks

S. Piller May 7, 2015

Ok I found what to change to make jira happy (just remove any reference to -D20150421T081441 in the entity.xml file)

0 votes
Robin Janssen May 18, 2015

Would love to know where you got that version as well.

0 votes
Phil Gianuzzi May 13, 2015

Where did you download version 6.5-OD-03-002?

0 votes
S. Piller May 5, 2015

PS: when I use the version 6.5-OD-03-002, it seems to work, but does it really?

Suggest an answer