Import from CSV many issues to few projects

Jakub Pawlik December 12, 2016

I have for example 3 projects.

Project Key:
TEST

TEST2

TEST

And I want create 3 task with sub-task inone csv file.

1. TEST
    Sub-Task 1
    Sub-Task 2
  2. TEST2
    Sub-Task 1
  3. TEST3
    Sub-Task 1
    Sub-Task 2
    Sub-Task 3

Please tell me if is it possible to do and how I can do these?

2 answers

1 vote
Aylin Kohls
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2016

Hi Jakub

To create sub-tasks, you can use 2 extra fields in file:

• In your file you should use 2 additional columns whose headings should be named similarly to Issue Id and Parent Id.
  • Ensure each regular (non sub-task) issue is given a unique (sequential) number in the Issue Id column. Do not include any value in the Parent Id fields for regular issues.
  • To create a sub-task of a regular issue (or to link an issue with other) in your file, reference the unique Issue Id number of the regular issue in the Parent Id column. Do not include any value in the Issue Id fields for sub-tasks

Regards!

0 votes
Jakub Pawlik December 13, 2016

Hello Aylin,

Thank you for your answer. I prepare exel file, can you check it is ok?

Where:

TEST1, TEST2, TEST3 was another projects.

OK, I made some investigation and I must put 2 additionally column, like PROJECT NAME and PROJECT KEY.

It's clear for me, I put these 2 new column, but if I import data I have a Setting window where I have Import to Project    option.

And I don't know what I must put there, because it's Required Field and I cannot leave it blank.

Suggest an answer