Import fails for Trello cards with cover images

Oshadi Ratnasekera April 8, 2024

Hi team,

We are using the Jira "Import data" tool to import Trello boards into Jira. The steps followed as follows;

1. Create Project

2. Import data

3. Import into a new business project

4. Import from apps

5. Choose Trello

6. Pick the Trello board and import

For some reason, Trello cards with cover images are not getting imported to Jira. I'm getting the error message attached pop up a few times. Is there a workaround for this? 

Thanks

Error.png

2 answers

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2024

Hi @Oshadi Ratnasekera,

I have been trying to do Trello imports into Jira recently as well and noticed that the importer is quite unstable. In my case, I was running into timeouts which made the import fail. Cards with cover images were being imported nicely, but imports failed just because there were too many cards on the board.

I reached out to Atlassian support for this and I would suggest to do the same, as there isn't much you can control yourself with the importer. You can raise a ticket via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Hope this helps! 

Oshadi Ratnasekera April 9, 2024

Hi @Walter Buggenhout 

Thanks for your reply. I reached out to their support. Let's see what they say. 

0 votes
Jerrold - Empyra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2024

Hi @Oshadi Ratnasekera 

Can you trying importing from External system import. You can refer this Atlassian document on how to import data from Trello  Import data from Trello . 

Thank you.

Oshadi Ratnasekera April 9, 2024

Hi @Jerrold - Empyra 

Thanks for your suggestion. I did try External system import option. All the cards were imported no issues there. However, the checklists didn't come over. I found out from their documentation that it was the expected behavior and there's a workaround for it. Using smart checklist exporter in trello and bulk updating issues in jira. I'm going to try that today. 

Like Jerrold - Empyra likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events