Import csv not available

Doug Rees March 13, 2017

I have followed the instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/creating-issues-using-the-csv-importer-764478441.html but I cannot get a menu for importing csv files.

4 answers

1 vote
Doug Rees March 13, 2017

I am admin and have already looked for this option (as that is where another document suggests it lives) but there is no such option anywhere for external system import.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2017

Make sure you are part of "site-admins" group on cloud, if it still doesn't work just raise a ticket for support.

1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2017

If you have admin rights then fo to "System (top right)" and then search for "External System Import" and then select CSV. 

Shortcut for this is just press "g" twice in quick succession and type "external system import"

If you don't have admin rights then on the top banner you would be seeing "Issue", when you click on Issues there would be a list of options displayed and one of them would be "Import issues from CSV" but this option is a scaled down version of "external system import"

0 votes
cptBarbosa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2017

Tarun is right on how you do this. But I will try to make a step-by-step for you.

1. click on the cog icon on the upper right, then system.
  2. on the left, you should see a lot of labels, one of them is Import and Export.
  3. External System Import (the one you are looking for) leads to a page with lots of options including the csv.

OBS: gg and the name also work as mentioned before.

Hope it helps you.

0 votes
Doug Rees March 13, 2017

Thanks yes I have raised a support request.

Suggest an answer