Import comments with reporter

Mark DeMichele March 11, 2013

I need to import issues from a custom 3rd party issue managment system that my group wrote years ago. I have complete access to the the 3rd party system so I can do anything on that end. I don't have access to the jira server though. I am an admin on jira site and if need be I can get someone to install plugins.

My original plan was to write a small application hosted on my 3rd party site that would use Jira's rest api to create issues and tag them with an id from the other system. That would allow me to make an update routine as well. However, I see two problems with this idea.

1. When I create issues, I would like to create them with the same reporter that's in my original site.

2. My original site has a table similar to jira comments. I would like to import those as well, and similarly, I would like to maintain the originator of the comment.

Is there any way to do this? Is the rest api not good for this. Should I maybe use SOAP or Jelly Script or something else?

I'm currently using Jira v5.0.5

Any advice would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

You can use the CSV import to archive this. See here.

Henning

Suggest an answer