Import attachments using csv import

René van Esch September 22, 2017

Hi,

We planning to migrate from Mantis to JIRA Cloud. Currently, I'm testing the import of issues using a csv file. Importing the issue information works just fine, the problem is with importing the attachments. I've read the information on the Atlassian site and in the community, but I can't make it work. I think the best way for me is to import the attachments from a dropbox or google drive shared folder.

JIRA seems to import only a part of the url instead of the attachment. Also, I have to create an url for each file I want to import and each url is different. This is a lot of manual work, since we have a lot of attachments to import.

Hope anyone can help or advice. Maybe with an example of importing from dropbox?

Many thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2017

I believe you will need Atlassian Support's help on this one. The attachments have to reside in the attachments directory, which is not accessible to you as a Cloud customer since Atlassian manages all of the sysadmin stuff for you on Cloud.

This page might help you out:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/importing-attachments-into-jira-cloud-applications-using-csv-fails-779160784.html

René van Esch September 24, 2017

Thank you. That helps.

Suggest an answer