Import all projects/data from our old Jira Enterprise 3.13.5

Anjani Phuyal August 15, 2012

Hi,

I want to import all projects/data from our old Jira Enterprise 3.13.5 to hosted jira. Old jira is currently running on our server in local environment.

Regards

Anjani

1 answer

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2012

Hi Anjani,

I believe that you will be able to export your data to XML format and then import it directly into your JIRA OnDemand instance without making any changes to the data, (assuming you wish to export/import all the data from the instance), by following the instructions in this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Importing+Issues#ImportingIssues-ImportingissuesfromJIRA,JIRAHostedandotherthird-partyissuetrackers

Usually the biggest challenge when importing JIRA data from older versions is the amount of upgrade tasks that need to be performed upon the data in order to upgrade it to be compatible with the version that the data is being imported into, all of which consumes a lot of resources and often imports with wide version differences will fail due to this lack of resources. However, I believe that OnDemand instances are provisioned with enough resources to handle this import so I would suggest that you give it a try and if you have any problems then ask Atlassian Support for assistance.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer