Import XML data from JIRA 4.2 to 6.2

Janos Szekely December 9, 2014

In my company, we're planning to buy, the newest Jira. Now we have JIRA 4.2. Is it possible, that we import data from JIRA 4.2 to JIRA 6.3?

2 answers

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2014

You'll want to start with https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Upgrading+JIRA - just saying "import" doesn't really cover all the possibilities of what you might be doing or what you mean.

Our JIRA license is expired (3-4 years ago). Renew the license is more expensive than buy the newest JIRA (as I see).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2014

Right. You will need to buy a new licence, then run through the upgrade process in that document.

Ohh, thanks a lot! Now, it's easy :) The only thing I have to do to persuade my bosses to buy a new license.

0 votes
Adrian Moerchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2014

Why not just upgrade (on a test system before of course)?

Suggest an answer