Import Workflow Bundles: unable to upload workflow bundle due to wrong file path

Claudio Piccoli February 13, 2013

Hi All,

I have installed the JIRA Workflow Sharing Plugin on our Jira (Version 5.2.4) - so far so good.

As soon as I try to import a workflow bundle 'From My Computer' (e.g. Test-Case-Management.jwb in H:\Documents\Projekt_Management\Jira_Project\Workflows), I'll get the following error message:

'Error: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\import\workflowimports\H:\Documents\Projekt_Management\Jira_Project\Workflows\Test-Case-Management.jwb (Die Syntax für den Dateinamen, Verzeichnisnamen oder die Datenträgerbezeichnung ist falsch)'

Now I don't know why Jira puts the path of my workflow bundle file behind a default path (C:\Program Files\Atralssian\Application). It even combines the two paths when I try to use the default path on the server. In this case the error messages looks like this:

'Error: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\import\workflowimports\C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\import\workflowimports\Test-Case-Management.jwb (Die Syntax für den Dateinamen, Verzeichnisnamen oder die Datenträgerbezeichnung ist falsch)'

Is there a way to change/delete the 'default path'?

Thanks in advance for your help and kind regards.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Claudio Piccoli February 28, 2013

As soon as you use Firefox (tested with Version 14.0 and 19.0) you can import .jwb files without problem.

0 votes
Claudio Piccoli February 28, 2013

Hi there,

You made my day! Unbelievable – as soon as you do the same thing with Firefox it works without issues.

Thank you very much for your help and kind regards.

0 votes
Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

Which version of JIRA Workflow Sharing Plugin have you installed? BTW, plugin is already withdrawn from marketplace - as it will be part of JIRA 6.0.

I've just created empty instance of JIRA 5.2 (using Atlassian SDK), installed JIRA Workflow Sharing Plugin 1.0-rc1, uploaded and imported Test Case Management.jwb (using Firefox 19.0) without problem.

0 votes
mary-an ylanan February 20, 2013

same problem here. appreciate any response.

Suggest an answer