Import Subtasks using Issue menu Import Issues from CSV Option?

Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2014

Hi

I'd like my users to be able import CSVs using the Import Issues from CSV option in the Issues menu.

However they cannot import subtasks as the built in fields Parent Id and Issue Id do not appear in the map fields screen lists.

These only appear when Importing tasks through the menu options in the Administrator - External System Import interface 

Any ideas if it's possible to import subtasks from the Issues menu option?

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
kitkat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2015

This may be a new feature for JIRA 6.4, as subtask appears to be a new allowable Issue Type for the newest version of JIRA. This might be something you want to test for users, though.

Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2015

Thanks I will try that as soon as I get chance.

Claes Stråle March 26, 2015

I don't understand this answer. Should it or not be possible to import sub-tasks from the "Issues>Import issues from CSV" wizard? For me it is really strange that it is not possible to map the parent id and issue id in that wizard. Even when those fields are mapped in the configuration file (that I as an admin have created using the system import), the mapping is ignored.

Steven Hollingsworth October 13, 2016

I'm wondering if there is a solution to this as well. Ther Admin interface import options are different from the Issues>Import interface.

Suggest an answer