Import Sprint version with a CSV import

Thorsten Kamann July 28, 2014

Hello,

I am trying today to import a csv file into JIRA. All works fine but I cannot get working that the Sprint number of an issues (story) will be set correectly.

This I've done so far:

Add 3 sprints in JIRA Agile: Sprint 70, Sprint 71 and Sprint 72

In the csv I added one column for the sprint number (containing 70, 71 or 72) and add the mapping to the Sprint number.

But I get these error message for every issue:

• Cannot add value [ [71] ] to CustomField Sprint in Issue null. Exception Message: Sprint must exist: 71

Why it doesn't work?

BR

Thorsten

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anna Cardino
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2014

Hi Thorsten,

We would like to inform you that mapping the sprint number isn't possible in JIRA when importing via CSV. However, there's a feature request which has been raised for this functionality. For your reference, please see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-5942.

Atlassian is not planning ti implement this feature in the next 12 months but we are encouraging you to add the ticket on your watch list and vote for the ticket as well to receive future updates and increase it's popularity.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Monique

1 vote
Dionisio Gomes May 23, 2017

There is an alternative way to accomplish this task. In the sprint field of the csv file instead of adding the sprint number 0, 1, 2, 3 ... add the sprint id (this number you can get in the database in the sprint table). To get the job done.

Sundararajan Padmanabhan April 3, 2020

Sprint id from database is also not working. Is there any other solutions ?

Like Moulaali Choudhri likes this
0 votes
Joe Pursel April 6, 2021

There is a way to add the Sprint ID, which is a number, to the .csv file when importing using the External System Import tool.

To get the sprint id, go to Search for Issues, Advanced Search, enter the name of the sprint in the search bar. For example,

sprint = name of your sprint

The sprint id will appear as a number in the place of the 'name of your sprint' above.

Copy the sprint id number and insert the id number into your .csv file and ensure that the column for the sprint field is a number field with no decimal points.

Your issues will import with the correct sprint.

0 votes
Thorsten Kamann July 28, 2014

Hi Monique,

no this helps not but thanks for this information. So I dont need to work on this and ommit the sprint number import.

Thanks

Thorsten

Suggest an answer