Import Sharepoint Data (based on criteria) to JIRA an (semi-) automatically create an issue out of it

Daniel_90 July 15, 2015

Hi all,

Is there a possibility to have an automatic connection between Microsoft Sharepoint and Jira? I try to explain my question a little bit more thoroughly: We are builiding up a JIRA instance. But in our "environment" there is also a Sharepoint site. Sometimes people write something in Sharepoint, even if this would be an issue in the JIRA instance. Therefore, we wanted to build up an automatic integration of sharepoint contents if certain criterias are met (for example a person writes a about a corporate problem in sharepoint, we want to automatically integrate this in JIRA). Is there a solution for example with key words or hash tags so that whenever a problem statement was done in Sharepoint, the persons indicates the statement with a hashtag like #problem and then the content of sharepoint will be automatically integrated in JIRA? Namely, an issue will be automatically created with some content based on what the Person wrote in Sharepoint. My questions affects only the integration of sharepoint content to JIRA not vice versa.

FYI: We currently customize a cloud Version. However, we later transfer everything on a server solution (we have to do this like this because of some corporate restrictions for our Client)

Thanks for your help. I hope I was quite precise in my explanations otherwise don't hesitate to ask for further clarifications.

Kind regards,

Daniel

1 answer

0 votes
Rodrigo Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2015

Hi Daniel, as you can see on this link, currently there's no integration between JIRA and Sharepoint, unfortunatelly:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-13883?jql=text%20~%20%22sharepoint%20JIRA%22

Maybe integrating your LDAP would be an idea? (but this is for JIRA Server only)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+LDAP

Cheers,

Rodrigo Silva

Suggest an answer