Import Project Configuration - Project Configurator

Shawn Danisa December 6, 2017

I am trying to import a configuration using Adaptavist Project Configurator and I get the following error: 

javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException - with linked exception: [org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 154; columnNumber: 27; cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'prioritySchemes'. One of '{customFields}' is expected.]

What could I be doing wrong ? I also skipped Project changes to see if I will get a different result, but no luck. Skipped all the schemes, still no luck.

I'm exporting from JIRA 7.5 to JIRA 7.5.  Adaptavist Project Configurator version 2.2.4 on both instances.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Madhusudhan Matrubai December 12, 2017

This is definitely a bug that I'm experiencing it too. I found a way to workaround it though.

1. Unzip the export

2. Edit the Config file and search for "prioritySchemes" which should probably be on line number: 154

3. delete the closing tag </prioritySchemes>

4. Save the file and zip it up

5. Run the import again.

PS: It's a workaround only, ideally we have to wait until Adaptavist can fix this.

Thanks,

Madhu

1 vote
Pepe Marañón January 2, 2018

Hi,

This problem is caused by the exporting side having a version of Adaptavist Project Configurator equal or newer than 2.2.4 and the importing side running a version 2.2.3 or older. The exported files are backward compatible (i.e. you can export with an older version of PC and import with a newer one) but, as you can imagine, it does not work the other way round.

Verify the versions of Project Configurator on both sides of the transfer and this should be fixed. 

Best,

Pepe Marañon

Adaptavist

Suggest an answer