Import Jira server to Jira onDemand and keep onDemand data

Hubert Hölzl September 29, 2015

Hi,

we have a JIRA Server instance, and recently switched to the onDemand version.

Now I want to import the Server data to the onDemand version, but I read in the JIRA Import Wizard, that an import would wipe all my existing JIRA data from onDemand away.

The problem is, that we already started a project on the onDemand version, and we want to keep this data. So, is there a way to merge everything without loosing the data on the onDemand version?

thx!

**Update**

One more question: I couldn't find information how the associated users to the issues will be handled when importing. Are they also deleted at the JIRA onDemand instance?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2015

This is effectively a "merge" of JIRA systems.  Although there's a couple of guides on how to do that for Server versions, you actually need the Cloud version at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+merge+two+JIRA+Cloud+instances - this talks about merging two Cloud instances, but one of the steps is basically "get one of the two instances running on server", and you're effectively at that step already.

The user stuff is all dependent on how you're going to do this.

Suggest an answer