Import Jira-Data from private (inhouse) JIRA into Google Spreadsheet

Simon Hadasch April 27, 2014

Hey everyone.

At the moment I try to do some additional analysis on our projects, therefor I would need the data of specific JIRA-Filters in my Google Drive (Spreadsheet). Our JIRA is configured that we have only access via our internal network what means, I can't request the data via Google Drive.

We already tried to whitelist our Company Google Drive Domain but it didn't work so far. Anyone got experience with this problem? What do we have to whitelist for google script requests?

Long story short:

- Internal (private) JIRA

- Request for Data from Google Drive not possible

- What do I have to whitelist (or do in general) to get filter results in Spreadsheets?

3 answers

0 votes
Simon Hadasch May 4, 2014

Seems like no1 has expierence with google drive + internal jira?

0 votes
Simon Hadasch April 27, 2014

Or you are looking in some kind of automated way of Jira/Google Drive integration?

That's exactly what I am aiming for. I want to write a google script which opens a specific JIRA filter and reads the XML export into the spreadsheet. Since I want to do that analyses on regular basis and for more than one filter, it would be a lot of work to export and import by hand everytime.

0 votes
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2014

Hi,

Can't you just do following?

1. Open Filter in Jira

2. Export results to Excel.

3. Import Excel in Google Spreadsheet.

Or you are looking in some kind of automated way of Jira/Google Drive integration?

Nick Walters December 9, 2015

This doesn't work... as Jira doesn't export properly formatted XLS Files this breaks the import process. You have to first open the sheet in Excel, click yes to the error that pops up, save it a a valid xls(x) and then import to google sheets

Suggest an answer