Import IT360 tickets into jira ticket

saketh-stash January 8, 2016

Hi All,

My company uses IT360 as a service desk software and JIRA as an issue tracking. So, whenever we get tickets in IT360, we read and create the similar issue in JIRA and assign it. But for 90% of the tickets in IT360, we create the issue in JIRA. So, we want to automate this, is there any plugin in JIRA to do this?

Note: we dont want to use jira-servicedesk, as its big process to use new software for servicedesk

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2016

As there are no add-ons for this, you're going to need to code something for yourself.  You have two broad options

1.  Get IT360 to push information into JIRA
  2.  Have JIRA monitor IT360 and pull the data out of it

JIRA has a REST interface that IT360 can use for point 1, as well as webhooks, and the ability to get information from emails.  It's extensible enough that you can code for other sources as well (the main three I mentioned are off-the-shelf, other stuff needs a bit more thought)

But I don't know anything about IT360, so I'd suggest you start by looking at what that can do.  As an example, Can you drop code into it to make REST calls to other systems?

saketh-stash January 11, 2016
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2016

I don't know. Is that IT360 trying to push data over REST into JIRA?

Suggest an answer