Import Confluence page content into JIRA comments

I know how to connect JIRA and Confluence for logins and for the plugins like Service Desk. My question is how can I pull the Confluence page data?

We are using Confluence for a Knowledge Base. We would like to use those KB article as prefab answers that we can email back to customers. I would like to be able to copy the text of the article into our email system (JETI plugin) or import the artilce as a comment to the JIRA ticket.

I'm open to doing it another way if there is a plugin made for prefabs. I didn't see this function in Service Desk despite the KB connection on the service pages.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

I beleive you will need to build your own plugin to do this. THere are several challenges to consider:

• SHould the embedded content be static, or dynamically linked to the page for uodates, etc.
  • Is this manual or automatic based on keywords?
  • Would it be a macro inserted into comments, or a dropdown on a screen, or button exposed on issues

Some users in the old forums had a plugin that did this (though would surely need a rertrofit). http://jira.10933.n7.nabble.com/Embedding-Confluence-Page-in-JIRA-Issue-detail-screen-td50026.html

If you're willing to wait it sounds like a great enhancement suggestion for service desk, https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD

Agreed, that would be a good enhancement request for JSD. Thanks for the help!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,467 views 15 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you