Import CSV with base 64/binary attachments

Norman September 11, 2013

I am trying to migrate from BugNet to JIRA however inside bugnet all of our attachments are inside the database (SQL Server). Is there a way I can import those attachments in to JIRA?

We are using the OnDemand version of Jira.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2013

JIRA stores it's attachment in the database. You could try to export your attachments to physical files and ask Atlassian to put them in the proper place for import.

Norman September 12, 2013

Thanks Timothy,

I have put in a request to them regarding this and i hope to hear back frm them soon.

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2013

JIRA stores it's attachment in the database.

Just to clarify: JIRA stores its attachments on the file system but has corresponding database entries for them too.

0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2015

For future people migrating from BugNet to JIRA, I just wrote an article describing the steps, considerations and details.

Migrating BugNet to JIRA

Cheers! smile

0 votes
Norman December 11, 2014

Yes we were able to resolve this, after we migrated our data we worked with the JIRA support team to add our attachments.  Essentially you import the data then upload them a zip with your attachments and they extract it on their side for you.  I worked with Carissa on this from the JIRA support team back in September 2013.

0 votes
philas December 11, 2014

Hi Norman Joseph,

did you get an Response from bugnet for your issue?

I have the same challenge. Evaluating JIRA and trying to Transfer a ~80User Bugnet Database to Jira.

Atm i see only Chance to Export all Projects to csv, and customize each with this Tutorial

Suggest an answer