Import CSV with base 64/binary attachments

I am trying to migrate from BugNet to JIRA however inside bugnet all of our attachments are inside the database (SQL Server). Is there a way I can import those attachments in to JIRA?

We are using the OnDemand version of Jira.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 vote
Timothy Chin Community Champion Sep 12, 2013

JIRA stores it's attachment in the database. You could try to export your attachments to physical files and ask Atlassian to put them in the proper place for import.

Thanks Timothy,

I have put in a request to them regarding this and i hope to hear back frm them soon.

JIRA stores it's attachment in the database.

Just to clarify: JIRA stores its attachments on the file system but has corresponding database entries for them too.

Hi Norman Joseph,

did you get an Response from bugnet for your issue?

I have the same challenge. Evaluating JIRA and trying to Transfer a ~80User Bugnet Database to Jira.

Atm i see only Chance to Export all Projects to csv, and customize each with this Tutorial

Yes we were able to resolve this, after we migrated our data we worked with the JIRA support team to add our attachments.  Essentially you import the data then upload them a zip with your attachments and they extract it on their side for you.  I worked with Carissa on this from the JIRA support team back in September 2013.

For future people migrating from BugNet to JIRA, I just wrote an article describing the steps, considerations and details.

Migrating BugNet to JIRA

Cheers! smile

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

135 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you