Import Attachment from Jira 4.3.4 to Jira 6.1.5

Coskun March 12, 2014

Hello everyone,

I upgraded to Jira 6.1.5 from Jira 4.3.4 . And then, I know, issue attachments can see under issue, but I cannot access to attachments.

I copyed myattachments from .../data/attachments in Jira 4.3.4 and then I pasted myattachments to Jira 6.1.5 with ftp to under .../ application-data/jira/data directory. But, I cannot access my attachments. I got the error page

Oh, it seems that we've lost a page.
Maybe you should raise an issue?

In this point, what can I do ? or Which add-on provide to this functionality (import attachments).

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2014

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Check if the attachment files have proper file system permissions, otherwise JIRA won't be able to access them
  2. Check if your default attachment directory is correct on the Attachments page - secure/admin/ViewAttachmentSettings.jspa
  3. The default attachment folder is JIRA_HOME/data/attachments , so doublecheck the paths

Some more info in case you haven't read it - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+File+Attachments

0 votes
Coskun March 13, 2014

Thanks Boris, my problem is folder permission.

I changed folder permission and then it is working.

Thanks again.

Suggest an answer