Implications on Jelly "Escalation" service when using simplified Greenhopper workflow

Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2013

have been using https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Jelly+Escalation for a while now with great results

<jira:Login username="admin" password="">

<log:info>Running "Close tickets - Jelly"</log:info>
	<core:set var="varComment">Auto-closing a resolved issue (no recent activity).</core:set>

<core:set var="varWorkflowStep" value="Close Issue" />
	<core:set var="varWworkflowUser" value="admin" />
	<core:set var="varFilter" value="<<<my-filter-id>>>" />

<jira:RunSearchRequest filterid="${varFilter}" var="issues" />

<core:forEach var="issue" items="${issues}">
		<log:info>Closing issue ${issue.key}</log:info>
			<jira:TransitionWorkflow key="${issue.key}" user="${varWworkflowUser}" workflowAction="${varWorkflowStep}" comment="${varComment}" />
	</core:forEach>

</jira:Login>

after switching one of the projects in my filter to simplified Greenhopper workflow it stopped working with

<jira:TransitionWorkflow> Invalid action name 'Close Issue'.

in the logs. "Resolved" and Closed" statuses are in "Done" swimlane in my Kanban board...

Any pointers?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2013

The simplified workflow removes your transition names and has a swathe of simplified and standardised transitions. The names are the same as the target of the transition.

You'll need to look at your simplified workflow, but the simple answer is that your "close issue" transition will have been deleted, and you'll need to work out which one to change your script to call. My guess would be "Closed" as you mention that status.

Suggest an answer