Implementing logic on jira

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

Hi

Once an issue moves to Resolved status, we want to automatically assign issues to individuals based on this logic.

(Validation Lead is a project role in our case)

if “Validation Lead” is not Null:

“Assignee” = “Validation Lead”

else:

“Assignee” = “Reporter”

Is it possible?

What are my options here?

Rahul

2 answers

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

Another option is to use 2 Update issues post functions. One conditioned on “Validation Lead” not null and the other conditioned on the negative of that updating the assignee field appropriately.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2013

Post function coding (or possibly a listener, although a post-function is probably more simple)

I'd use the script runner to do it.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2013

Thanks Nic....do you have any base script which i can tweak a bit and re-use?

Suggest an answer