Implementation of Single sign on in Jira 7.3.5

Shib Saha June 14, 2017

Hi Guys,

We are using Jira on-premise. Now wanted to implement single sign on for jira (If i am logged in into the organizational network) Jira should be accessible directly by hitting the Jira URL.

We have organizational AD(Active directory) integrated with Jira in place.

Request you to please suggest the possible ways to implement.

Any comments are most appreciated.

Thank you!!

Regards,

Shib Saha

2 answers

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2017

Hi Shib,

What I have most commonly seen is the implementation of SSO using CROWD.  Outside of that, I commonly see third party add-ons in use such as Easy SSO for JIRA - Kerberos, NTLM or Kantega SSO for JIRA (SAML & Kerberos)

To see how CROWD works with SSO please see the CROWD Overview of SSO

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2017

Hi Shib,

You will need a Kerberos add-on for this. You can find many of them on the Atlassian Marketplace.

Disclaimer: I work for the vendor of the following add-on, Integrated Windows Authentication for Apps using Crowd (IWAAC). You might want to take a look at it. One of the advantages of our plugin is that it works on the full Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, FishEye, Crucible). It even works on non Atlassian products such as Jenkins or custom Java web applications.

Best regards,

Bruno

Shib Saha June 22, 2017

Thank you for the valuable suggestions!!!

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2017

Hi Shib,

No worries.  Hopefully our suggestions will help you find something that works for you!

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer