Impact on Content links when dropping the port for accessing Confluence

Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2013

I'm curious what the impact of correctly configuring Confluence (SSL, eliminating the port, etc.) will have on linked Confluence pages in JIRA issues.

Not having a clear understanding of Confluence, etc. when we deployed and being under the gun, we proceeded with basic configuration via the port... i.e. http://confluence.ourdomain.com:8090/confluence.

My goal is to correctly configure Confluence to use Apache for caching, eliminate the unecessary port, and trailing directory. The catch is that I have an Application link between JIRA and Confluence and want to be sure that if I change Confluence, I'll be able to maintain the application link without breaking things between the two applications.

If there's additional work to do to achieve this, I'm fine with that as well, but I'd like some advice on making this change with minimal breakage on the existing content in JIRA/Confluence.

Advice is appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2013

Anyone with some experience here?

Suggest an answer