Image preview on cards in board view

Andre Schaaf December 11, 2016

Hi,

currently I'm evaluating JIRA and try to find a workflow.

I created an issue with some image attachements. I added a custom field to the cards for images through configuratin.

The problem is now that the images are not shown correctly (IMO). Is it possbile to see the images on the card as small preview?

The screenshot below shows the attachements and the resulting card within a test board.

image2016-12-12 6:59:57.png

Kind Regards

Andre Schaaf-Ledermüller

4 answers

2 votes
Steven Johny November 27, 2018

I use "Jira Thumbnail" crome extension for this. It adds image from task attachment to each task on Kanban board. You can try it too https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jira-thumbnail/noagphikabbpdaljickdeildfjggcnoc

Hope it will help you.

1 vote
Will Oller April 27, 2018

There is a ticket for this feature here where you can vote for it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-13196

0 votes
Stephanie Latterman August 25, 2017

I have the same issue, and I think JIRA just needs to give some time to how they can better display images/attachments on cards in kanban boards. 

If you hover over the image "bar" on the card, you will get a preview, but the preview pops up all over the place (sometimes so slow on the screen it is cut off) and is still quite small.

I wish JIRA would address this issue, for software development companies like mine who are content/art heavy.

0 votes
Magdalena Zacharczuk December 12, 2016

Hi Andre,

Judging from your screenshot, the image you have attached to your issue is not displayed correctly because it has been cropped. The issue 'card' on your board is showing the top black part of your image only. As far as I know, this limitation will always jeopardize the display of images attached to issues on your JIRA board.

If you need your issue cards to display image attachments in their full size, perhaps you should consider printing your issues and working with them on a physical board? The Agile Cards for JIRA add-on by Spartez facilitates this. There are a number of ways in which you can have images printed on cards using Agile Cards; adding an image in the issue description field is only one of them. Here's how your issue card could look like if you printed it for your physical board using Agile Cards (this image is taken from a demo PDF):

Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 13.50.21.png

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Magdalena from Spartez

Suggest an answer