Im creating a sign up form for new merchants how do i add the information captured tp jira

Golden Lombe June 12, 2017

I've created a html form for new merchants which captures their details and attachments but now i need to add the captured informaton on to jira as a new sign up ticket/issue using API

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2017

"using API" - which one?  Is this something you are doing in an add-on, or is it an external program?

Also, where are you storing this data?  On the issue?  If it's on the issue, why aren't you just putting the fields on the create screen?

Ive created a html form which captures a new merchant's information (merchant name,email adress,additional site,dropdown information and attachments) so with that captured information I then what to create a ticket in jira with that information capture in the form.

Im storing the information on the issue as it is on the form to be shown in jira when our support team opens up the new sign up que the new merchant form would be there as a new ticket with the  relevant information  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2017

Ok, so you're not using JIRA directly for the merchant.

Your website should use the REST API to create issues in JIRA.  The call to create an issue can contain all the custom fields you need to fill in.

There's lots of docs on doing this, but I'll start you with the issue create example over at https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis/jira-rest-apis/jira-rest-api-tutorials/jira-rest-api-example-create-issue as I find the tutorials a good starting point.  The doc tree to the left shows you loads more useful stuff though.

Thank you let me give it a try!!

Suggest an answer