Im creating a sign up form for new merchants how do i add the information captured tp jira

I've created a html form for new merchants which captures their details and attachments but now i need to add the captured informaton on to jira as a new sign up ticket/issue using API

1 answer

0 votes

"using API" - which one?  Is this something you are doing in an add-on, or is it an external program?

Also, where are you storing this data?  On the issue?  If it's on the issue, why aren't you just putting the fields on the create screen?

Ive created a html form which captures a new merchant's information (merchant name,email adress,additional site,dropdown information and attachments) so with that captured information I then what to create a ticket in jira with that information capture in the form.

Im storing the information on the issue as it is on the form to be shown in jira when our support team opens up the new sign up que the new merchant form would be there as a new ticket with the  relevant information  

Ok, so you're not using JIRA directly for the merchant.

Your website should use the REST API to create issues in JIRA.  The call to create an issue can contain all the custom fields you need to fill in.

There's lots of docs on doing this, but I'll start you with the issue create example over at https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis/jira-rest-apis/jira-rest-api-tutorials/jira-rest-api-example-create-issue as I find the tutorials a good starting point.  The doc tree to the left shows you loads more useful stuff though.

Thank you let me give it a try!!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

1,243 views 17 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you