IllegalArgumentException when moving tickets b/w projects - only happen after JIRA upgrade to 4.4.6

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2012

We are seeing this error when accessing the new ticket after Move command. THis only happens after upgrade 4.4.6.

Any help is greately appreciated!

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Passed List had more than one value.
	at org.ofbiz.core.entity.EntityUtil.getOnly(EntityUtil.java:62)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.getIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:120)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.getIssueObject(DefaultIssueManager.java:278)
	at com.atlassian.jira.servlet.QuickLinkServlet.linkToIssue(QuickLinkServlet.java:139)
	at com.atlassian.jira.servlet.QuickLinkServlet.service(QuickLinkServlet.java:46)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2012

Found the issue, this issue usually means there is multiple ticket under the same name. I found the workaround in here.

Though I am not sure why it happen only on move after the 4.4.6 upgrade, but it seems htat I can ask this question to Atlassian Support team regarding this.

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2012

Hi Eva,

The first step is run the JIRA Integrity Checker.

Looking forth, if it didn't solve, you run the following SQL query?

select * from fieldlayout;

I believe that you may have duplicated field configurations, and it can cause this error. If it is the case (and there is two or more "Default Field Configurations" schemes), you will need to drop this values on the database and only keep the one with ID = 10000. Please remember to perform a database backup (and JIRA backup) before removing any data. And, if this problem becomes critical for you, please create an issue in Atlassian Support.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2012

Integrity Checker fails with 503 error. The select statement didnt end up with any duplicate value. There is no duplicate on field configuration scheme...I would love to reach out to Atlassian support, but that would require me to wipe all the Client data first and that will takes hours to do that.

Suggest an answer