If you set jira-admins everywhere, can you delete jira-user from that user?

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2014

Hello,

I was wondering: we are just a few people over our licence limit. If I set the people who are jira-admins on the same place as jira-users, (because they are obliged to do the same) (or, maybe everywhere), could I, in theory, delete the group jira-users from them to reduce my number of users that count towards the licence limit?

In my ears, it makes sense but I don't know if it's true.

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2014

I wouldn't do that, it won't get you anywhere.

The licence count is "everyone who can log in". Both types of admin, and normal users. To see these, go to "global permissions" and look at the "Jira Admin", "Admin" and "User" lines. That tells you what groups of people count towards your licence.

But it only counts each account once. If you added me to System Admin, Jira Admin and Jira Users groups, I'd still only take up one seat, not three.

To reduce your licence counts, you need to shut-down user accounts so that they can no longer log in.

0 votes
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2014

I did know it wouldn't count dubble, I didn't know he counts jira-admins too.

Now I think of it, it's pretty obvious that it counts everone who logs in.

Sometimes you just have to hear it from somebody else ;-)

Thank you!

Suggest an answer