• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • If you select (user created) status "Unresolved" as a Resolution Type, then it no longer shows in the "Unresolved Items" for Issues in a Project Dashboard.

If you select (user created) status "Unresolved" as a Resolution Type, then it no longer shows in the "Unresolved Items" for Issues in a Project Dashboard.

chris taylor August 1, 2012

I created an issue resolution type called "Unresolved" which if selected then no longer shows on the Issues Project Dashboard for "Unresovled Issues by User". I know it meant issues without resolution, but once I created Unresolved, theres no way to transition those issues into Unresolved(meaning no resolution type selected).

How do I fix this?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2012

It is not a BUG. Just how you have setup. It doesn't make sense to create a resolution as "Unresolved". An isssue is "Unresolved" if it doesn't have a resolution.

You can progress the issue through a transition like "Reopen" where the resolution value is cleared in a post function. That will bring it back to "Unresolved" issues.

Resolution should basically be driven by the workflow.

chris taylor August 1, 2012

I agree, hingsight being 20/20 I woudl of not did that, however I didn't realize there was no way to go back to unresolved, without redoing the workflow, i was hoping i could of cleared it in a bulk field update.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2012

Agreed - you should never have created that resolution, it's completely the wrong approach.

To fix this, remove your "unresolved" resolution and then run through all the issues you might need to update.

Suggest an answer