If you remove application access from a JIRA user, do they still count against your user count?

Rebecca Allen March 19, 2013

I have JIRA OnDemand and want to disable inactive users so their contributions, etc are saved, but they no longer can login AND do not count against my total user count that I'm charged for. Is the correct way to handle this editing the user and deselcting all applications they have access to? If not, how do I do it?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2013

Remove them from all groups and roles too.

Specifically though, have a look at "global permissions". Note down any groups listed for "administrators" and "users" (you'll probably find it's two groups - Jira-administrators and jira-users). Every person in one or both of those groups

1) can log in

2) count towards your licence limit

So, removing them from the groups stops login and licence count, but leaves their history intact. Done :-)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2013

Remove them from all groups and roles too.

Specifically though, have a look at "global permissions". Note down any groups listed for "administrators" and "users" (you'll probably find it's two groups - Jira-administrators and jira-users). Every person in one or both of those groups

1) can log in

2) count towards your licence limit

So, removing them from the groups stops login and licence count, but leaves their history intact. Done :-)

Suggest an answer