If you change due date you must add a comment

Deleted user September 22, 2014

Is it possible to make it compulsory to add a comment to an issue if the due date is edited?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2014

Well a possible solution would be: 

1. remove the due date from the edit screen.

2. Add a global transition using a screen with duedate and add to that transition a comment required validator.

so if someone wants to change the duedate he needs to use that transition where he has to add acomment.

Deleted user September 24, 2014

But then how would you go back in the workflow to the relevant status it was in before you edited the due date?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2014

No, I meant a global transition which is going back to original status (Open to Open and Closed to Closed etc.)

Deleted user September 24, 2014

I know how to make create a global transition so all issues can go to that status but not sure how you get it to go back to where it was before?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2014

It's been a while that I've done this (it was under 5.2), I need to check how I did it. But I can verify this earliest on Monday.

Deleted user September 25, 2014

Thanks that would be great!

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2014

I just tried to do this via global transition, but I've found no way to get this done as I decribed. Sorry for that. The only way is to use separate transitions for each status (where the duedate could be changed "In Progress" > "In Progress", etc. ). The different transitions (different IDs) however could have the same name (e.g. Change Due Date). So it would be depending on the number of statuses in your workflow more work to do than I originally expected.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events