If we implement JIRA Portfolio does every user need to be included under the license, even if they are not using the addon it brings?

Kai Prout May 5, 2015

To elaborate,

Let's say I have 25 users in my JIRA and JIRA agile instance and that is the license we sign up for. If only 10 people will be using JIRA Portfolio can I get a license for 10 users instead of 25 users?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2015

Your question is answered on the licensing page: https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/jira-portfolio#serverlicenses-6

A JIRA Portfolio license must match the user count and type of the JIRA Server license it is being used with. For instance, a 25 User Commercial JIRA Server license will require a 25 User Commercial JIRA Portfolio license.

Kai Prout May 5, 2015

Thank you both.

jellington December 4, 2018

This answers the question for Jira Server, but what about Jira Cloud?

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2015
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2015

Dangit Jobin!

Kai Prout May 5, 2015

Thanks

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2015

lol

Suggest an answer