• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • If we have a perpetual JIRA licence and if we transfer our JIRA to another server can we again install it on our previous server after expiry of the licences?

If we have a perpetual JIRA licence and if we transfer our JIRA to another server can we again install it on our previous server after expiry of the licences?

Parag Mankeekar October 27, 2015

We area software company we are using a JIRA Licence which is going to get expire in the month of January.We are planning to shift the JIRA licence to another server BUT can we shift it  back  to the previous server after its Expiry as we are having a perpetual Licence.

2 answers

0 votes
Parag Mankeekar October 27, 2015
Let me elaborate the situation in detail  :
  1. Currently we are having JIRA/JIRA-Agile/Tempo license and running on our internal server. Licenses are valid till Jan 2016.  
  2. Due to some internal reason we need to stop this server, format it and move the JIRA to ‘temporary’ server for another 3-4 months. As currently licenses are valid so should not face any issue.
  3. The main question is after 3-4 months (I.e. After Jan 2016)  when we want to move back JIRA (Re-install it) to our original server whether we would be able to do that  as it is a perpetual license ? 
  4. Please note that we don’t intend to run 2 instances of JIRA on 2 separate servers. It would be always one instance at any given time – it’s just that due to some reason we will need to switch between servers.
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2015

I'm not sure I understand what you're planning to do here, but:

1. You can only have one JIRA server for each licence.  You must not run two JIRA Production servers with the same licence
  2. You can only run a version of JIRA released before the expiry date of your licence

Suggest an answer