• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • If we have a perpetual JIRA licence and if we transfer our JIRA to another server can we again install it on our previous server after expiry of the licences?

If we have a perpetual JIRA licence and if we transfer our JIRA to another server can we again install it on our previous server after expiry of the licences?

We area software company we are using a JIRA Licence which is going to get expire in the month of January.We are planning to shift the JIRA licence to another server BUT can we shift it  back  to the previous server after its Expiry as we are having a perpetual Licence.

2 answers

0 vote

I'm not sure I understand what you're planning to do here, but:

1. You can only have one JIRA server for each licence.  You must not run two JIRA Production servers with the same licence
  2. You can only run a version of JIRA released before the expiry date of your licence
Let me elaborate the situation in detail  :
  1. Currently we are having JIRA/JIRA-Agile/Tempo license and running on our internal server. Licenses are valid till Jan 2016.  
  2. Due to some internal reason we need to stop this server, format it and move the JIRA to ‘temporary’ server for another 3-4 months. As currently licenses are valid so should not face any issue.
  3. The main question is after 3-4 months (I.e. After Jan 2016)  when we want to move back JIRA (Re-install it) to our original server whether we would be able to do that  as it is a perpetual license ? 
  4. Please note that we don’t intend to run 2 instances of JIRA on 2 separate servers. It would be always one instance at any given time – it’s just that due to some reason we will need to switch between servers.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

375 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you