If tickets are reopening , a reason box should pop up and after that reason ticket should open.

If tickets are reopening , a reason box should pop up and after that reason ticket should open.

1 answer

0 vote
Tarun Sapra Community Champion Jun 19, 2017

Hi Uday,

This is a starightoward requirement to implement in JIRA.

You have the add a validation on the transition which is taking the ticket to "re-open status". Basically in the workflow configuration you can add "comments screen" on the trasition such that a comment box appears when transition is to the re-opn status and also add a validation that the comments box should be filled otherwise the transition will fail.

I will suggest to you to use the comments box rather an custom field called "reason"

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-configure-comment-field-to-be-required-in-workflow-transition-648381476.html 

You can also use the plugin script runner for the same purpose.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

58 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you