If subtasks are planned between teams there should be possibility to see them on planning mode of Scrum boards.

Madura Rodrigo November 24, 2016

We have Possibility to have multiple sub tasks in  on story which should be handled from multiple teams. And we need to show corresponding sub-task in relevant scrum board. And planning mode to plan them.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2016

Er, it's nonsense to plan sub-tasks outside their story, so they don't appear in planning.

Madura Rodrigo November 24, 2016

I agree on Story concept. But Scenario like multiple teams work in one issue, they should have separate sub tasks. And they need to plan them under their time line. Main issue owner should have track on sub tasks. Is JIRA agile support only one team one issue manner?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2016

Planning is for prioritising and deciding which stories go into a sprint.  Subtasks are part of stories, so they follow their story into a sprint.

If you have multiple teams, that's fine, and sub-tasks are a good way to break up stories into pieces that can go out to different people.  But your teams are working on one story, so they should be in the same scrum.

Madura Rodrigo November 27, 2016

As a alternative for my requirement, I can use Epic with issue type. So I can link set of issues to one epic. Then we can handle issues between teams. Is there possibility to inherit epic type?

Suggest an answer