If multiple boards see the same sprint, does closing the sprint in one board close it for all boards

Matthieu Cornillon October 31, 2017

I was testing the feature allowing boards to view data from multiple projects.  I arbitrarily picked two projects in my test board, and it automatically shows the sprints from those two projects.  Now, I want to delete the test board, but it says I cannot, because the sprints are active.  I could close the sprints from the test board view, but I worry that if I do so I will be closing the sprints for all other boards as well.  How can I delete my test board without affecting the real data/real sprints for the projects that the board is showing?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2017

Hello,

If you close your sprint on the test board then it will be closed on the other boards. I just tried it on my Jira instance.

In my instance I fixed the situatuion by simply deleting test board without doing anything to the sprint or issues in the sprint. And nothing changed for other boards or the issues.

But I am not sure that it will be the same on your Jira instance. You can reproduce this situation on different boards. For example create two boards Test_2 and Test_3. Make several test issues and put them on the boards. Then delete Test_2 board and see if something changes for Test_3 board and the issues.

Suggest an answer