If i have a board based on a filter. If I change the filter what will happen to my ranking?

Rebekah Kirkpatrick September 19, 2014

I have a filter for several projects. I would like to expand the filter to include a query for a certain label contained in a separate project but I'm not sure what this will do to my ranking. When I tried to implement this new filter ranking was disabled on the board and when I tried to enable it I got the following message - "Changing the Query for this Filter will add Rank and remove any other Order By sorting. This will affect all boards using this Filter." I wasn't sure what that means as far as how it will rearrange my issues etc. What will it be ranked by after I enable it?

Thanks for the help

Rebekah

2 answers

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2014

Like Jobin said, use rank ordering in your query.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2014

Use the Rank sort order in the new filter. Ranking is global and it will remain the same as long as the data is same. If you have different issues in the filter now, ranking will be relative to the ones added but the previous order should still remain the same.

You can test it by creating a new board.

Suggest an answer