If i buy JIRA + Confluence + Stash how many licenses do i need ?

Mathias Herrmann February 27, 2014

Hi,

if i want to buy JIRA + Confluence + Stash and use JIRA for the User Management. Do i have to buy 50 Licenses for every of these products or can i mix it.

In Example:

50 JIRA

100 Confluence

25 Stash

And how are the users beeing counted ? When someone has an JIRA Account. As soon as he logs into Confluence one License will be used on Confluence Side ?

And one More:

If someone wants to create an account in Confluence and while i use JIRA as User management do this also creates an JIRA user ? So -1 License on Confluence and -1 License on JIRA from the pool ?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2014

Hi Mathias,

I would suggest if your planning to buy all three then buy CROWD as well which is an excellent product for Sing-Sign on. Now, you can manage your access to JIRA, Confluence and Stash using Global permissions. You can specify groups in global permissions and the users who are part of that group will have access to the product.

Yes you can have a scenario like 500 users for JIRA but only 50 for Stash ( I am using somehting simlar)

Now if your using CROWD as SSO then when you go to groups section of Stash you might also see jira-user groups i.e. people who have access to JIRA and if you click on their profile you would clearly see "Unlicensed", this means user is present but he can't access Stash thus he doesn't count towards license cost. Same case is for Confluence as well, but if your user wants to create JIRA ticket from Confluence content then he need to have rights for both and he would be counted as licensed user for both JIRA and Confluence.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2014

Regarding User management - i would strongly suggest to use Crowd instead of JIRA as JIRA isn't meant for user management but crowd is a deicated product and can handle groups really well.

0 votes
Mathias Herrmann February 27, 2014

Ok Thanks for the info.

Suggest an answer