If an attachment is deleted off the server, what will happen to the Jira entry

Andy Jordan April 21, 2015

We'd like to archive off JIRA entries/issues with large attachments. I don't think there is a way to find JIRA Issues by attachment size, therefore, we'd have to move/archive direct from the Server where attachments are stored. It's our own server and not a managed Atlassian one.

Would the JIRA Issue 'crash' if it couldn't find the attachment it expected? I don't want to try it just in case there are bad side-effects.

1 answer

2 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2015

I believe the only issue would be if you try to open the attachment you'd get an error.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2015

You get some issues: - what Joe said - a message on issue view saying the attachment isn't found - a "broken image" icon in the preview area, and the same if you've included the image in a markup text field - errors in your log file But no actual damage or a crash. It's all just "can't find image" stuff

Andy Jordan April 22, 2015

thanks. I hoped that would be the case.

Suggest an answer