If a user has no application access to JIRA, will he still receive notifications?

Deleted user June 23, 2013

If a user has no application access to JIRA, will he still receive notifications?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Marlon Aguiar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2013

Hi Piotr,

Yes as long as he still included in any groups/project roles for the notification scheme on the project he would still recieve notifications.

In order for a user not recieve any notifications the best thing would be to remove it from all groups.

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Marlon

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2013

Might do.

Users should only get emails from Jira if they can see the issue that is generating the notifications. There are two possibilities:

1. You're using a plugin or code that bypasses this security. (Actually, a lot of people keep asking for this, and it's a security nightmare because they have not thought through the implications. Jira won't do it off the shelf, because it's better to be secure by default)

2. You have set up issues with "anonymous" access - that implies the whole world can see the issue, so Jira will happily send email to someone who has no application access. Because it's public.

Edit - oops, yes, see other answer - I was assuming "no application access" meant you had removed the user from all roles and groups - that's standard practice everywhere I've been, but I should not assume that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events