If a project has 2 workflow types, will the Backlog ever populate on a SCRUM board?

Melissa McConnell December 19, 2017

I am trying to create a board from a saved filter, however the backlog displays empty. I reviewed the information on your site and it mentioned something about workflows - this particular project has 2 workflows attached to it. Will the backlog ever be able to be populated? 

Thanks, 

Melissa 

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2017

Hello,

Is it right that your saved filter produces issues? If it is a Kanban board then go to Board->Configure and check that there is no Kanban borad sub-filter query defined.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2017

Or is it board for Jira core?

The filter will display the issues as expected. It is a SCRUM board I am attempting to create; the backlog is empty even though the filter produces 207 issues. 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2017

What is your Jira Version? Is it Cloud?

server 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2017

Make sure that columns on the Column tab are configured properly. Could you also make a screenshot of the General tab of the board and the empty backlog?

I can see all of the statuses under columns as they should be. It does tell me that the Simple Workflow is not available. Does that mean you can't use a backlog? 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2017

Could you make a screenshot of the message?

Melissa McConnell December 20, 2017

2017-12-20_9-36-29.png

Suggest an answer