If Jira Users global group deleted or if another Global account is created how come the JIRA is not accessible?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes

By default, the "JIRA users" group is used to say "These people can log in".  So if you delete it, people can't log in.

If you delete "JIRA users", you are going to need to use another group to let people log in.  You can create another group (even use the same name), or set of groups, and set them up in "Global permissions" as a replacement. 

By the way, JIRA is not yet up to version 7, let alone 10, and there's no way for one group to "damage" another A group is a set of users, that's it.

Nic, Unfortunately we have setup to get authenticated via a LDAP domain. We don't have a local account to get in to the system to even create another global account.

If a new Global Group is created on JIRA 10.1, could it damage "JIRA Users" group?

Users can't log in?

0 votes

This password retrieval guide explains you how you can create an administrator account directly in the database. If you have locked yourself out of your instance by removing groups that provide you access to the application, this will aid you in regaining access.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,774 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot