If Issue created 15 days ago then change the status of issue while transaction

Sachin Dhamale June 15, 2015

While Transaction of issue i need to check the created date of issue if its created 15 day ago then need to change the status of issue. i.e set the status of that issue.

does it possible with script runner or need to write plugin?

what is basic code for this?

1 answer

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2015

Please check out Script Runner's "Escalation Service" for this functionality. 

Hi Steven; Thanks for reply. Actually i want to check this condition while transaction of an issue. i donot want to create the service. while transaction of an issue there are two transaction lets say B and C from one state A. so when issue transact from A i want to check that issue 15 days old or not if yes then transact issue to B otherwise C. so does it possible with script runner or other any way?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2015

Okay, I think I understand now. My confusion is your use of the word 'transaction.' I am used to seeing the word 'action' or 'transition.' @Sachin Dhamale, a method of doing what you're asking for exists in JIRA know as "conditions." We can place Conditions on Transitions. The "Transition button" is only visible when all conditions are met. We will use this to our advantage. We place conditions on Transition 1. We place alternative conditions on Transition 2. We can name them the same thing, if we'd like to. When one set of conditions are met, the _Transition(1)_ is visible but _Transition(2)_ is not visible. When the other set of conditions are met, the _Transition(2)_ is visible but _Transition(1)_ is not visible. In this manner, we can - fake - a condition transition. As far as the script, I could look into it over time but that is not something I have time to just write unfortunately. I do know that Workflow Toolbox has a date/time boolean condition that would be useful in this situation: https://bitbucket.org/fcarmario/jira-workflow-toolbox/wiki/condition-validator/Boolean%20Condition%20and%20Validator. If I find more I'll comment back.

Thanks Steven; I think this will work. i need to check for the script for the required condition

Suggest an answer