If I remove an issue from a sprint, where does it then appear in the backlog?

Maggie Stearns July 26, 2017

Using JIRA 7.2.8, server version.

When an issue is in the backlog it has a particular rank. If I add it to a sprint and then modify it remove the sprit value, where in the backlog does it end up?

When I tested it, it returns to the top of the backlog. When another users tests it, it returns to the bottom of the backlog.

Just wondering how it works.

1 answer

0 votes
Yugank Bhatnagar July 27, 2017

Hi I tried to recreate the sceanrio and have following observations which I believe to be correct.

The issue in Backlog has a particular rank assigned say at rank 6 from top. I moved the issue in Active issue at Rank 3 and then went to issue details to remove the sprint value. The issue returned back to backlog but now at Rank 3 instead of rank 6 from top.

So as I can infer from following observation that issue retains the psotion in backlog which it had in Active sprint. So in your example, you may have the issue at the top in Active sprint and when you removed the sprint value it returned to the its psotion which it held while in sprint in its new place in backlog.

I also logged as different user and accessed the same board and the rank seems to be consistent. Can you map if the other user is viewing the same board and same quick filter of the board.

Original Backlog Rank:6
Active Sprint Rank: 3
Post removal from Sprint-Backlog Rank would be 3

Thanks

If it solves your question,kindly accept the answer.

Suggest an answer