If I create a company/expert managed project will it affect other projects within our company?

Matthew Lane April 15, 2021

Our company has various divisions, all of which use scrum and Jira to track our sprints. We'd like to set up a template project for our division, to make setting up projects easier. But to do so, we need to use a company/expert managed project. If I create one and create a template through that; will it affect the other divisions' projects? Will they have to use our template?

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

Hi @Matthew Lane,

Setting up a company managed project as a template for your division is an approach I would strongly recommend for the use case you describe. Projects you create from that template (when you create a new project, check the option to share the settings of your new project with that template), will then share the same issue type, workflow, notification, screen and permission schemes. That has the big advantage that a change to any of those will instantly be applied to all projects in your division.

You can perfectly apply the same approach to other divisions as well. By setting up a template for their projects too, they have a shared configuration available for their work in Jira as well. But changes to your division template will not impact them or vice versa.

Hope this helps! 

Suggest an answer