• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • If I change the reporter after an issue is created, the new reporter does not receive notifications. How do we set it up to where the new reporter will get the notifications?

If I change the reporter after an issue is created, the new reporter does not receive notifications. How do we set it up to where the new reporter will get the notifications?

Eric Wideman January 11, 2017

If you add the new reporter as a watcher or request participant they will receive notifications. Otherwise they will receive none. If they create the issue themselves everything works as expected. The issue arises when I (or another service desk agent) create an issue ourselves and then set the reporter as another user. Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2017

First verify your Notification settings for the project.  Reporter should be listed for each event you want them notified on.  If you've verified that the notification settings are correct, then it's likely a bug you've run into.

image2017-1-11 17:15:43.png

Suggest an answer