If I change my Atlaasian account email, will I keep access to Jira and Confluence?

Naeem May 17, 2018

Hi, 

I have provieded TWO work emails. Some team members invited me to Jira Project using my first email, So I created the Atlassian Account. 

After some time, my other team members and client outside of company are sending me invitations to confulence spaces and Bitbucket repos with the second email (which includes my name). I always have to re-erquest to send me invitaion or query to my other(first) email as I dont have Atlassian account for the second email.

For the sake of ease, if I change email of my Atlssian account from first to second email id, will I able to use already shared resources like Jira Projects, confluence pages and Bitbucket repos? Or I need to request people to invite me again for my second email address?

2 answers

1 vote
Gabriel Senna
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2018

Hi Naeem,

You should not have any problems, regarding to access your projects, issues and access to Jira.

If you change it in the id.atlassian.com , you should be just okay.

Naeem June 10, 2018

Thanks

0 votes
K_ Yamamoto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2018

Hi Naeem,

As Gabriel suggested you should not have any problems if you don't start using Atlassian Account with your 2nd email address.

For someone who has already created 2 Atlassian Accounts and want to merge them, you cannot just simply merge these multiple accounts due to ID-240. If so, please contact Atlassian Support and get help to make sure you can safely close your older account(s).

Suggest an answer