If I am reporting on an issue for another user, how do I log time for the assignee as the reporter?

Cindy Jasper January 13, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Logging work on issues

If I am reporting on an issue for another user, how do I log time for the assignee as the reporter?

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user April 7, 2016

Out of the box there is no such functionality that you describe. You can only log time for the user you are logged in with. However, it seems that the add-on Tempo Timesheets allows such a function. In their documentation there is a configuration option User with Approve Timesheet Permission can log work for team members.

This could be what you want. But this add-on is commercial. I'm not sure if you are willing to pay the price just for that functionality.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2016

No other way. You have to use that account in order to log work that will be counted towards that account. I'm no sure on why do you want this though.

Cindy Jasper January 13, 2016

Perhaps I don't understand the role of a Reporter. I understood it as the person who would report the status of an issue for the assignee. Why would I report on the status but not the time worked?

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2016

The assigne will just have to click on the "More" button then click on "Log Work"

Suggest an answer