If I add new sub task issue types to a project why are they not visible

showkat ally March 6, 2013

Hi

I added new sub task issue types to a project but they are not visible in edit mode, but are available in

the move/migrate issue screen. Is this a requirement in Jira.

6 answers

2 votes
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2013

You can't simply edit the Issue Type of an issue. You have to Move it to another type.

That's how JIRA works.

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2013

Sorry but that's not right. As Janet outlined you can chage the issue type but the issue type has to have the same field config (workflow...) and the issue type has to be present as a field on the edit screen...

Cheers Christian

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2013

Oh..is it ? I didn't know that and never tried too.

Thanks for correcting me.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2013

No problem:-)Trying to revoke my down vote...

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2013

This is currently not possible in Jira. All subtask must have the same issue type as their parents. But you can have look at the plugin "Structure". It could help you but it is not free.

0 votes
s March 11, 2013

Hi Guys

Tried and even though the subtask has the same workflow and is available on the edit screen. The new Subtasks still do not display.

But if select the Move Issues using the Bulk Operation then the New Subtasks display

Looks like it is a Jira requirement.

Regards

0 votes
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2013

Hi,

The Field Configuration for the Subtasks must be the same. For example, SubtaskA and SubTaskB are both using "Field Configuration XYZ".

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2013

HEy,

what do you mean with "in edit mode"? You don't have the option "create subtask" in your issue operations tab (more actions) when viewing an issue?

Cheers Christian

0 votes
showkat ally March 6, 2013

Sorry for the missing detail

If I open an exisiting sub task- select edit - and then attempt to change the issue type field to the new sub task issue type - but the new types do not display except for the original ones.

Thanks

Suggest an answer